Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

A few days or weeks ago I saw The Dark Knight Rises. The movie was great. I'll admit I was a little scared to go because of the Colorado Massacre. Even though that happened about a week before I had seen it.

While we were in the movie theater and the previews were playing one guy got up and answered his phone and left the movie theater. I can't explain to you how much that freaked me out. In the Colorado incident the guy who had done the shooting left the movie theater to check his phone, and after the is when he did the shooting. Fortunately, the guy who had left my movie theater came back with nothing in his hand and sat back down. The same man still got up and went to the front of the movie theater to check the time. And again this freaked me out. This guy was really suspicious to me, why was he moving so much? I'm sure it was making the other people anxious too. But after a while he stopped moving at sat where he was throughout the whole movie.

And if you are ever going to see this movie, I advise that you see the first two. Especially the first one.

I'm not going to finish this post without discussing the Colorado Massacre. In case you didn't know the Colorado Massacre happened during the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises.

A man, known as James Holmes opened fire in a Denver, Colorado theater. 58 were wounded and 12 were killed. Holmes was a successful college student. He had a great future in front of him. He was arrested outside of the theater and during his arrest he announced: "I am the Joker"

I'm sure most of you all of have seen at least one picture of James, but most of give him all of the attention, but we have forgotten about the victims of this event. We have also forgotten the heroes. Jon Blunk, Matt McQuinn and Alex Teves jumped in front of a bullet to protect their girlfriends. None of them survived. It was a heroic and noble action, and I think we can all consider them heroes.

I wish I could find the names of all of the victims in this shooting, but I couldn't find any.

And just to end this with a happy note. Christian Bale, the actor of Batman, visited the wounded victims in the hospital. I'm sure that was amazing to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment